Founded in 1963, Mary Kay is a direct sales company offering a wide variety of cosmetic products. Mary Kay’s worldwide wholesale volume reached around$2,600,000,000. However, can you really make money marketing their products? We’ll discuss some of the products that they offer in addition to a brief explanation of their compensation plan. The compensation plan that Mary Kay offers is where we will get an idea on whether or not people can actually create an income by becoming involved with the company’s business opportunity.
The Thing: Cosmetics! Mary Kay is one of the most known cosmetic Multi-level Marketing companies to ever exist! They offer cosmetic products ranging from Skin Care, Body & Sun, Makeup, Fragrances, and even cosmetics for Men. All of the categories are filled with sub-categories with many more types of products.
1. TimeWise® Replenishing Serum+C – This $56.00 bottle is an anti-aging skin care product. TimeWise helps skin “bounce back” making it appear to be more lifted and firm.
2. Mineral Eye Color Quad – This product is only $20.00 and comes in four different colors or shades such as Sandstorm, Autumn Leaves, Black Ice, and Chai Latte. It is ophthalmologist-tested and is designed to deliver lightweight, high-impact color as well as being long-lasting with a formula resistant to fading.
3. Hydrating Lotion – A 6.5 fl. oz. bottle of Mary Kay’s Hydrating Lotion is only $16.00. It has a great scent, is dermatologist-tested, designed to leave skin feeling soft and smooth, and provides skin hydration for up to 10 hours.
4. MK High Intensity™ Sport Cologne Spray – In terms of Men’s Cosmetics, one product offered for men by Mary Kay is their Sport Cologne Spray for only $40.00 a 2.5 fl. oz. fragrance bottle. This Men’s Cologne is designed with an icy, “cool” scent.
The Opportunity: There are a total of 13 stages or levels an individual member can achieve with Mary Kay’s Business opportunity. Titles are in order: Consultant, Senior Consultant, Star Team Builder, Team Leader, Future Sales Director, Sales Director, Senior Sales Director, Future Executive Senior, Executive Senior Director, Elite Executive Director, National Sales Director, Senior National Sales Director, Executive National Sales Director. We shall briefly discuss a few.
1. Consultant – You must order at least once per year in order to remain a Consultant. By becoming an “active” Consultant, you are able to purchase all Mary Kay’s products at 50% off. You must order at least $225 worth of products within 3 months to remain “active”.
2. Team Leader – In order to achieve this ranking, you must have 5 to 7 active members that you personally referred into your team business. When achieving this rank you get 9% commission on team orders as well as having the possibility to get a $50 team-building bonus.
3. Elite Executive Director – You must have 8 or more first-line team members to achieve this ranking. By doing so, you get 5% commission on team members if your unit production is under $12,00 and 6% commission if your unit production is $12,00 or more. You must have a minimum unit production of $4,500 per month in order to remain in this ranking. A few other bonuses and payouts are included as well, but we’ll move on.
4. Senior National Sales Director – By achieving this ranking, you must have 1 to 2 team members that have achieved the ranking of National Sales Director(NSD). You are able to earn 9% commission on units of your first line NSDs, 4% commission on units of your second line of NSDs, 2% commission on units of your third line of NSDs, and a few other payouts and bonuses.
The Cost: In order to become affiliated with Mary Kay’s and take advantage of the business opportunity that they have to offer, you need to purchase a $100 Start Up Kit.
To conclude, yes you can make money with Mary Kay Cosmetics!
Final Thoughts: Mary Kay Cosmetics is a well-known company with a long history. When discussing the company with others, there is very little skepticism, which makes the job of a Network Marketer much easier. They have a good line of products in addition to a lucrative and extensive compensation plan/business opportunity. However, they’re products are highly over-priced and they’re compensation plan changes frequently. You could be an Executive National Sales Director and make 9% commission one month and only 7% the next if they were to happen to decide to change the numbers for that specific region. Mary Kay’s compensation plan is very extensive and hard to keep accurate track of unless you are directly involved in the company by being an Employee, Consultant, or any other Direct Affiliation. What this extensive compensation plan does, is allows the company to hype people up. During a presentation of becoming a Consultant for Mary Kay, it seems as if it just keeps getting better and better when in reality, the payouts increase slowly and minimally. The depth of the compensation plan is simply unnecessary. Finally, in order to get massive payouts and achieve higher ranks you have to generate a huge amount of success. You almost have to be one of the best Network Marketers to ever exist to truly make a substantial amount of income.
If you’re looking for a way to make a substantial amount of residual income from a business opportunity, there is a better way. Click on the link to get started with an opportunity that delivers fast results, with payouts Starting at $1,500 a week!
Click on the link below to get your Free One-on-One Consultation and a Free Report today and discover how to create a residual income, Starting at $1,500 a week!“
“Discover How To Easily Make $1,500 Per Week Starting Today!
“Free Report Reveals How To Get Started With An Opportunity That Delivers Real Results!”
*Dustin Hale is Not affiliated with Mary Kay Cosmetics or their business opportunity.